As more and more investors make net zero commitments in the lead up to COP26, sustainability is at the forefront of investors’ minds. But what does it mean to invest sustainably?
There is a plethora of events that tout the value of sustainable investments, but very few that interrogate the subject in the way that allows institutional investors to overcome the challenges of implementation.
The Top1000funds.com Sustainability in Practice event, to be held online on September 8 and 9, will do just that.
It will bring together asset owners, managers and academics for a practical take on sustainable investment. In order to implement the sustainability goals that asset owners have set as strategic initiatives they will need board and C-suite buy-in and directive. This conference is specifically aimed at CIOs and showcases practical case studies on how investors around the world are tackling these issues.
We will look at whether the metrics, measurements, returns and risks are adequately framed and understood; how investment leaders can navigate the politics of sustainability and prevent greenwashing from prevailing; examine the allocation strategies and investments that investors should be targeting and what the tangible implications for investors’ portfolios are; as well as the role asset owners have in allocating capital and how they overcome the obstacles they will face.
The event program has had the invaluable input from asset owners all around the world including AP4, OPTrust, OTPP, USS, PGGM and UPP. Some of the speakers are highlighted below and you can click here to register or receive more information.
- Jeb Burns, chief investment officer, MERS of Michigan
- Evan Cairns, head of climate change strategy, Aberdeen
- Niklas Ekvall, chief executive, AP4
- Chris Greig, Theodora D. ’78 & William H. Walton III ’74 Senior Research Scientist in the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment at Princeton University
- Janine Guilott, chief executive, The Value Reporting Foundation
- Zsolt Kohalmi, global head of real estate, Pictet
- Stephen Kotkin, Professor in History and International Relations, Princeton University
- Bill Lee, chief investment officer, New York Presbyterian
- Jie Lu, head of investments, China, Robeco
- Innes McKeand, head of strategic equities, USS Investment Management
- Dr Arun Majumdar, Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Photon Science, Stanford Energy
- David Neal, chief executive, IFM
- Carsten Stendevad, co-chief investment officer for sustainability, Bridgewater
- Jaap van Dam, director of strategy, PGGM
The event is open to asset owners and consultants only.