October 19, 2016
In the six years since Norway’s finance ministry approved the $871 billion Government Pension Fund Global invest in foreign real estate, its real estate arm has built a substantial portfolio.
The Employees Retirement System of Rhode Island is looking to cut management fees and slash hedge fund allocations over the next two years, on the heels of lagging returns.
Gender diversity is only part of the story when it comes to creating a robust and diverse investment culture. Clare Armstrong writes how Mercer keeps its teams on track for the best outcomes.
Diversification can be a powerful tool in managing downside risk, but it has been argued that “too much” diversification can destroy a business if it diverts too widely from its original purpose.
The Strategic Investor Initiative (SII) from CECP aims to shift the conversation between companies and their investors from one about quarterly earnings to one about long-term value creation.
David Blood, co-founder of Generation Investment Management with Al Gore, has outlined five priorities to focus the sustainable investment effort on over the next five years.
- Japan’s GPIF and the next 100 years 23 views
- Behind Mass PRIM’s hedge fund portfolio 19 views
- Rhode Island goes back to basics 17 views
- How GPFG built its property portfolio 15 views
- Better decision-making from diversity 14 views
- Top1000Funds.com: PRI edition 14 views
- Where does the next generation of fund managers come from? 14 views
- CalSTRS ponders EM coal divestment 13 views
- Listed companies are failing on sustainability 13 views
- Is passion for investing important? 11 views