Jagdeep Singh Bachher and Rick Bookstaber
March 22, 2017
UC Regents’ Risk Management 3.0 aims to be a better predictor of financial crises, by going beyond historical trends and stress testing, to look at how people and systems behave under pressure.
USS's COO Howard Brindle is one of the most experienced investment operations executives in the pension industry, he talks about business transformation and the importance of talent.
The more political appointees and worker representatives sit on US pension fund boards, the more those funds will respond to incentives that encourage riskier investing, research has found.
Steve Ross was a pioneer of fields such as asset pricing, investment management and corporate finance. His colleagues at MIT and Caltech regarded him as generous and kind.
MSCI ESG Research has seen growing demand from institutional investors for data on tax-related risk. In response, it has added data such as geographic revenue transparency to its ratings.
Chief investment officer of the Public Employees Retirement Association of New Mexico, Jon Grabel, discusses the camaraderie and insights his team gains from a virtual portfolio competition.
- Risk management’s next level 114 views
- Never underestimate quality 95 views
- Why Andrew Ang joined Blackrock 10 views
- The real star of Washington State 6 views
- Board make-up matters 6 views
- Five big issues for all pension funds 6 views
- MSCI improves factor risk modelling for equities 5 views
- Time to make value judgements 4 views
- Hedge funds pruned again 4 views
- McKinsey: Long game is best play 4 views