September 23, 2016
Long-term investment in real estate, infrastructure and asset based lending, including financing ships and aircraft where traditional bank backers have fled, make up the German fund’s strategy.
The Strategic Investor Initiative (SII) from CECP aims to shift the conversation between companies and their investors from one about quarterly earnings to one about long-term value creation.
David Blood, co-founder of Generation Investment Management with Al Gore, has outlined five priorities to focus the sustainable investment effort on over the next five years.
The finance industry has relied on its low barriers to entry, high fees and complex language that has created enduring principal/agent problems that restrict transparency and accountability.
The implications for investors of the inclusion of China A-shares in the wider MSCI indexes, an inevitable outcome, will be discussed at the Fiduciary Investors Symposium at Yale in October.
Funds managers should always be open to ways to improve mechanisms for stronger investor alignment, writes Mercer principal, David Scobie. But there are several factors to consider.
- Top1000Funds.com: PRI edition 44 views
- Shifting the dialogue to the long term 36 views
- German fund ÄVWL’s anti-cyclical ethos 19 views
- Maryland manager roster ready for change 16 views
- AP3 explores equities and alternatives 9 views
- Pay for performance 9 views
- How to hedge long-term inflation-linked liabilities without inflation-linked instruments 6 views
- SWIB sits out the long winter 6 views
- GPIF announces boosted stewardship role 6 views
- Five big issues for all pension funds 6 views