May 26, 2017
The Ford Foundation has committed $1 billion over 10 years to mission-related investment strategies that earn financial and social returns, challenging others to adopt the same approach.
US President Trump’s Twitter outbursts can have a big temporary impact on markets, but longer-term results are driven by economic fundamentals, State Street Global Advisors’ Dan Farley says.
Saudi Arabian insurance companies must navigate a tiny bond pool, tight regulations and a volatile equities universe when looking to make local investments.
When Telstra Super noticed a mismatch between global uncertainty and a key volatility index, external managers provided insights that led to good decisions and strengthened partnerships.
A good investor must be proactive in determining the fee structure and legal terms in a fund’s documents. Funds that fail to get interests properly aligned on such issues will pay a price.
When an exchange-traded fund isn’t closely matched by its underlying components, liquidity can dry up, credit risks can emerge, and other factors can eat away at expected returns.
- Norges builds 1-stop shop for risk data 11 views
- AustralianSuper touts appeal of ESG 11 views
- Ford Foundation commits to social return 8 views
- Investments challenge Saudi insurers 8 views
- New era for Barra risk modelling 5 views
- Historical sector returns and the future of investing 4 views
- Why Andrew Ang joined Blackrock 4 views
- CFA – Future state of the investment profession 3 views
- Managers top owners on climate risk 3 views
- South Dakota pension’s long view 3 views