October 19, 2016
In the six years since Norway’s finance ministry approved the $871 billion Government Pension Fund Global invest in foreign real estate, its real estate arm has built a substantial portfolio.
Gender diversity is only part of the story when it comes to creating a robust and diverse investment culture. Clare Armstrong writes how Mercer keeps its teams on track for the best outcomes.
Diversification can be a powerful tool in managing downside risk, but it has been argued that “too much” diversification can destroy a business if it diverts too widely from its original purpose.
The Strategic Investor Initiative (SII) from CECP aims to shift the conversation between companies and their investors from one about quarterly earnings to one about long-term value creation.
David Blood, co-founder of Generation Investment Management with Al Gore, has outlined five priorities to focus the sustainable investment effort on over the next five years.
The finance industry has relied on its low barriers to entry, high fees and complex language that has created enduring principal/agent problems that restrict transparency and accountability.
- How GPFG built its property portfolio 316 views
- Better decision-making from diversity 104 views
- Japan’s GPIF and the next 100 years 72 views
- Top1000Funds.com: PRI edition 24 views
- Investors from the moon: Fama 9 views
- The road ahead for sustainability 7 views
- Shifting the dialogue to the long term 7 views
- CalSTRS ponders EM coal divestment 7 views
- Is passion for investing important? 7 views
- Do you get what you pay for? 7 views