This analysis suggests that without a well-developed domestic financial market, the value of the Chinese currency (renminbi) may significantly depreciate, instead of appreciate, once the Chinese government abandons the linked exchange rate and the massive amount of precautionary savings of Chinese households are unleashed toward international financial markets to search for better returns.
- Cambridge hedge fund insight sells
- Evolution key to top funds’ growth
- Fees get another rethink
- Private equity persistence slips
- Factors aid manager selection
- Asset owners rethink private equity
- CalPERS says no to adding leverage
- AP1 to up leverage, factor exposure
- USS goes direct in private markets
- Time for a globalisation rethink?