Using data on 90 pension funds from 2004-2008 this paper examines the impact of scale, the complexity of pension plans, and service quality on the adminstrative costs of pension funds, and compares those costs across Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, and the US. It finds that, except for Canada, large unused economies-of-scale exist.
- Cambridge hedge fund insight sells
- Evolution key to top funds’ growth
- Private equity persistence slips
- Factors aid manager selection
- Asset owners rethink private equity
- CalPERS says no to adding leverage
- AP1 to up leverage, factor exposure
- USS goes direct in private markets
- Time for a globalisation rethink?
- Strathclyde cuts equity allocation