The European investment management industry is undergoing unprecedented change. The financial crisis and an evolving regulatory environment have reinforced cost pressures that have been building in recent years, creating an urgent need to achieve scale and efficiencies through a focus on core competencies. Already, a wave of consolidation has begun that is set to continue at pace, while asset managers embrace new ways to reengineer their business amid changing investor needs. The industry is likely to look very different within five years.
- Cambridge hedge fund insight sells
- Evolution key to top funds’ growth
- Private equity persistence slips
- Factors aid manager selection
- CalPERS says no to adding leverage
- Asset owners rethink private equity
- AP1 to up leverage, factor exposure
- USS goes direct in private markets
- Time for a globalisation rethink?
- Strathclyde cuts equity allocation