Modern Portfolio Theory is being updated with new technuiques that take advantage of the vast computational and information-aggregation capabilities available in contemporary financial markets. Increasingly, frequent non-normal returns and dramatic swings in valuations suggest that management of tail risk may emerge as a new frontier of asset allocation.
- Cambridge hedge fund insight sells
- Evolution key to top funds’ growth
- Private equity persistence slips
- Factors aid manager selection
- Asset owners rethink private equity
- CalPERS says no to adding leverage
- AP1 to up leverage, factor exposure
- USS goes direct in private markets
- Time for a globalisation rethink?
- Strathclyde cuts equity allocation