Real estate is evolving fast as increased global investment opportunities emerge. Property prices in key markets have begun a tentative upswing that may offer scope for capital gain. There is also evidence of rental growth in some locations, which has had a positive effect on capital values. However, as the effects of the global financial crisis continue to be felt, investors are demanding greater control over their investments. This paper examines the opportunities and challenges facing institutional investors, as well as favoured strategies in the current market.
- Cambridge hedge fund insight sells
- Evolution key to top funds’ growth
- Private equity persistence slips
- Factors aid manager selection
- Asset owners rethink private equity
- CalPERS says no to adding leverage
- AP1 to up leverage, factor exposure
- USS goes direct in private markets
- Time for a globalisation rethink?
- Strathclyde cuts equity allocation