Gavin Cassar from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, and Joseph Gerakos at the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago, investigate the determinants and effectiveness of methods that hedge funds use to manage portfolio risk. They find that levered funds are more likely to use formal models to evaluate portfolio risk.
- Cambridge hedge fund insight sells
- Evolution key to top funds’ growth
- Private equity persistence slips
- Factors aid manager selection
- CalPERS says no to adding leverage
- Asset owners rethink private equity
- AP1 to up leverage, factor exposure
- USS goes direct in private markets
- Time for a globalisation rethink?
- Strathclyde cuts equity allocation