Based on a methodology introduced in 1927 to analyse human skulls and later applied to turbulence in financial markets, this study by Mark Kritzman and Yuanzhen Li, published in the Financial Analysts Journal, shows how to use a statistically derived measure of financial turbulence to measure and manage risk and to improve investment performance.
- Cambridge hedge fund insight sells
- Evolution key to top funds’ growth
- Fees get another rethink
- Private equity persistence slips
- Factors aid manager selection
- Asset owners rethink private equity
- CalPERS says no to adding leverage
- AP1 to up leverage, factor exposure
- USS goes direct in private markets
- Time for a globalisation rethink?