Not withstanding the effect, for investors, of globalisation, country and sector bets still drive the performance of global equity portfolios. And research shows that whole countries tend to stray from fair value for a lot longer than individual stocks do. Deutsche Asset Management has produced a paper on ‘Diversification-Based Investing’, which leads one to think about building a core balanced portfolio of country and sector index funds.
- Cambridge hedge fund insight sells
- Evolution key to top funds’ growth
- Private equity persistence slips
- Factors aid manager selection
- Asset owners rethink private equity
- CalPERS says no to adding leverage
- AP1 to up leverage, factor exposure
- USS goes direct in private markets
- Time for a globalisation rethink?
- Strathclyde cuts equity allocation