Dr Fan Gang, a member of the Chinese Government’s monetary policy committee, Professor Lasse Pedersen, member of the liquidity working group at the Reserve Bank, and Harvey Toor, chief risk officer of the Abu Dhabi Investment Council, are among the keynote presenters at www.top1000funds.com‘s inaugural symposium exclusively for investors.
The first Fiduciary Investors Symposium will bring together the investment decision-makers at the world’s largest funds from more than 20 countries, to stimulate debate, encourage collaboration and challenge existing investing norms.
Aimed exclusively at asset owners, the event reinforces the ideology of www.top1000funds.com that large investors face common ground in executing best-practice investment strategies and implementation, and that the collaboration and exposure of ideas is a fast-track way to progress the industry.
In addition to high-level economic and strategic discussions, the delegates will hear case studies from fiduciary investors in portfolio renovation, risk allocation, developing innovative portfolio performance benchmarks, co-investments in traditional asset classes and the role of active ownership.
There’s nothing like some face time to forge friendships, both personally and in business, and consistent with other gatherings, this event will provide ample opportunity for delegates to exchange ideas and stories.
Each session will be interactive, through table discussions, and there will be networking opportunities, including a private dinner for fiduciaries on the Great Wall.
Other speakers include:
- Sharan Burrow, general secretary, International Trade Union Confederation
- J Peter Chen, principal, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Bev Durston, head of alternatives, British Airways Pension Fund
- Ho Ho, quantitative portfolio manager, CalPERS
- Christopher Hunter, chief executive, China, Cambridge Associates
- Andrew Kirton, global chief investment officer, Mercer
- Tzu Ming Lao, managing director of risk management, Temasek Holdings
- Anthony Neoh, chairman of the board of trustees, Chinese University of Hong Kong Provident Fund
- Yoo-Kyung Park, senior investment advisor, sustainability and governance, APG
- Carl Rosen, executive director, ICGN
- Jeff Scott, chief investment officer, Wurts & Associates
- Daniel Summerfield, co-head of responsible investment, USS
- Roger Urwin, global director of investments, Towers Watson