CIO fixed income and sustainability, Robeco
Victor Verberk is CIO Fixed Income and Sustainability, and is a member of the Executive Committee of Robeco.
Victor Verberk has 20 years of experience in the financial industry, mainly as portfolio manager fixed income in various roles. He started his career at Axa Investment Managers in The Hague in 1997. Until 2007 he was a partner at Holland Capital Management. Before that he was active as head of fixed income at Mn Services. Victor has managed global government bond and credit portfolios and has been responsible for building fixed income teams, organizing research and drafting investment processes.
Victor Verberk has a Master’s in Financial Economics from the University of Rotterdam and has completed his postgraduate VBA training at the VU Amsterdam. He is interested in behavioral finance and economics.
Director of institutional content, Conexus Financial
- Policy makers response is the next pivotal step in sustainable investment, said Victor Verberk, CIO fixed income and sustainability, Robeco in the opening session of Sustainability in Practice.
- The legislative consequences are already visible in the huge task of readying for EU disclosure regulation, currently dominating sustainability at the asset manager.
- The task is complicated by the lack of support, making cooperation with peers all the more important.
- The price of data is increasing, and data ownership is increasingly centralised. Data and IT storage comprise key investments at Robeco, he said.
- Robeco’s already expert teams are now supported by data scientists and people with PHDs in sustainability.
- Verberk said despite the obvious opportunity investing in renewables in China, investment could stall unless China tackles human rights issues.